Friday 17 September 2010

Bug fix update

Things are looking good. A lot of bugs have been fixed and I'm nearing the stage where I'll be working on the maps themselves. The tree is now sorting everything alphabetically which makes things nice and tidy. Copied objects are now working. There was a problem where copied objects "forgot" their name which kept popping up time and time again, even after I thought I had fixed it. Seem's I've squashed that one for the last time. There were also a few problems with tilesets not being loaded in time for objects to be drawn. All these have been sorted.

The only thing really left to do is to tidy up the GUI. I've begun work on the object preview panel which shows a picture of the object that has been selected in the tree. I figure it just makes things easier to find, especially when you have a lot of variations of the same object (Tree, Tree2, Tree3 etc...)

We'r getting close to some creative map creation people!! The sprites are coming along nicely as well, courtesy of James Boote. Will have some posts dedicated to the cast once I begin work on the game engine, cus that won't be fun to write about...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you do know my first name!

    By that time hopefully I'll have some clothed sprites to be displayed.

    ReplyDelete