Wednesday 15 September 2010

This working hard is hard work =(

I've not had a chance to do an awful lot toward the map maker in the last few days. In fact truth be told, since my last update I have fixed a grand total of 1 bug. Actual work has been so crazy lately it leaves my head exhausted and I can't think straight. I went to bed at 10 o'clock the other night....10!!! I haven't done that for about 2 years! But as things quieten down (they feel like they are anyway...) I can get the ball rolling again.

Naturally; as I've fixed one bug another shows it's face. It was the case that copied objects are pasted under the name of "copy of ", however a bug meant that any object that was copied was just called "copy of". That has been fixed, but now it seems copied objects aren't copied so much as...they are the same object... That is to say that if I made a bed and called it "Bed", then copy and pasted bed into another folder I'd have a new object "Copy of Bed". If I then opened "Copy of Bed" and placed a desk next to the bed, you would find that the desk has also been drawn on the original "Bed" object. Fun fun fun!! In theory this is easy to solve, but it just takes time and time is what I lack! Hold on for just a bit longer, we'l be getting to the fun part soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment