Thursday 29 July 2010

Moving at the speed of a striking slug

Well things are moving verrrrrryyyy slowly. Mainly due to the release of starcraft 2. Watching 'the story so far' as the game installed got me wondering exactly what had happened in the first game. So for the past 2 days I have been playing the original starcraft rather than programming. Now I just need to finish the expansion pack and I can play starcraft 2...

That's a lot of hours spent gaming and not programming! Hence the title. Things will quicken in pace after a few days but as it stands the Tileset class and TilePlacement class are complete (in theory). The good news is that after I completed these classes I got a better idea of how things are going to come together, which gave me a bit of umph! But until I've had my fix of games, expect not a lot to be happening.

Update:
Ok after writing that it seemed my head kicked into work mode and I seem to have done quite a bit tonight. I have a few ideas for optimization as well...Who knows, by next week we may be seeing some tilesets being loaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment