Tuesday 3 August 2010

Can't we all just get along?

This is the second time I've had an error that was nothing to do with my code being wrong. Makes it particularly difficult to debug!! It seems that certain versions of certain frameworks don't like playing with certain versions of certain builds. Yeh, I don't understand what that means either. Luckily Shawn Hargreaves over at the XNA forum has indirectly come to my rescue after someone else posted the same problem. Gotta be the 4th time he's helped me out now? damn he's good.

For all those who stumble here from google due to this error:
The "Message" task could not be instantiated from the assembly "Microsoft.Build.Tasks, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a". Please verify the task assembly has been built using the same version of the Microsoft.Build.Framework assembly as the one installed on your computer and that your host application is not missing a binding redirect for Microsoft.Build.Framework. Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Build.Tasks.Message' to type 'Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask'.
The "Message" task has been declared or used incorrectly, or failed during construction. Check the spelling of the task name and the assembly name


You can get the solution here:
http://forums.xna.com/forums/t/15214.aspx

Now that I've fixed that bug I'm now able to load images and store them inside the TilesetManager. Not going to do any more tonight because trying to fix that bug took a lot out of me! More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment